Things you need to know when cleaning or moisturizing your skin
The act of cleaning the skin is not new to any one, because we all do, but the effect of what we do and how we care for the skin may have bad consequence on our skin. There are common cleaning practices we all accept as standard but may be dangerous to skin health.
Here are few tips to consider when cleaning the skin to enhance a healthy and young looking skin. Things to consider for skin cleaning
- Ensure to wash off all make up before going to bed because this can damage the skin.
- Be careful with the delicate skin around the eyes when removing make ups.
- You may need an oil-based product to entirely get make up off, if you use waterproof make up
- Pat your skin dry after a bath or wash so as not lose some moisture.
- Instead of hot water, use warm water
- Spend less time in the bath or showers because the skin is stripped of oil by prolong stay in hot water bath.
- Moisturize the skin for protection as this acts as a protective layer for the skin and prevents dryness.
- Use mild soaps
- Avoid irritating additives such as perfumes and dyes.
- Avoid alcohol-based products if you have dry skin
- Avoid oil-based products for oily skin rather use water-based instead.
Note that not all oily skin needs moisturizer but if your skin feels tight 20 minutes after bathing, then you may need oil moisturizer
Benefits of Moisturizing your skin:
By moisturizing the skin you protect it from weather effects, drying up and looking dull.You also enable the skin to maintain its natural moisture levels, by helping the skin seal the water it has already or slowly release water into the skin.