Have you had the physical activity readiness test?
Before you begin an exercise program, take a fitness test, or substantially increase your level of activity. Use the physical activity readiness questionnaire (PAR-Q) to determine your readiness to begin an exercise routine or program.
1.Has your doctor ever said that you have a heart condition or that you should participate in physical activity only as recommended by a doctor?
2. Do you feel pain in your chest during physical activity?
3. In the past month, have you had chest pain when you were not doing physical activity?
4. Do you lose your balance from dizziness? Do you ever lose consciousness?
5. Do you have a bone or joint problem that could be made worse by a change in your physical activity?
6. Is your doctor currently prescribing drugs for your blood pressure or a heart condition?
7. Do you know of any reason you should not participate in physical activity?
Consult a physician before taking a fitness test or substantially increasing your physical activity;
If you answered yes to one or more questions or
If you are over 40 years of age and
If you have recently been inactive or
If you are concerned about your health
However, if your answer is no to each question, then it’s likely that you can safely begin exercising.